A 5’ x 10’ storage unit is just the right size for smaller items that you need to store safely. This size is also perfect for students who are moving off-campus and need a place to keep their belongings while they study. If you have a limited budget, this size unit will still give you plenty of space to store your things. You can even use it to store seasonal items like holiday decorations.
Think you don't have enough stuff to fill a storage unit? You might be surprised how quickly your belongings can add up. A 5x10 storage unit is approximately the size of a small walk-in closet, and can hold the contents of a one-bedroom apartment. So how many boxes will fit in a 5x10 storage unit?
- Up to 40 medium sized boxes
- Up to 20 large sized boxes
- Up to 10 pieces of furniture (such as a couch, dresser, or coffee table)
Here are a few tips to help you get started:
1. Make a detailed plan of attack. Before you start bringing things into the storage unit, it's important to have a plan of attack. Know what items you need to put away and how you want them arranged. This will make the process easier and will help you make the most of the space you have.
2. Go vertical. When you're limited on space, it's important to think vertically. Utilize all of the space in your unit by stacking items on top of each other. This will help you make the most of the square footage you have.
3. Use storage plastic containers. Plastic Storage containers come in all shapes and sizes. They're also a great way to keep your belongings organized and prevent them from getting damaged. Choose the right size container for the items you're storing and make sure to label them so you can easily find what you need.
4. Utilize shelving. If your storage unit doesn't have shelving already installed, consider adding some. Shelves are a great way to keep things off the ground and make it easy to access what you need.
5. Don't forget the ceiling. The ceiling is often forgotten when it comes to storage, but it's actually a great place to store things. If you have items that are lightweight and not too bulky, consider hanging them from the ceiling. This will free up valuable floor space.
By following these tips, you can maximize your storage space and make sure everything fits perfectly in your unit. With a little planning and creativity, you can make the most of any size storage unit.